The address of the practice you visit is: Ward and Allison Dental Practice, 1 Market Street, Ilkeston, Derby, De7 5qu. If you have any questions about this document, or the way in which we handle your personal information you can call the Practice Manager on:
Tel: 01159 324811
Data Protection Privacy Notice for Patients
In providing your dental care and treatment, we will ask for information about you and your health. Occasionally, we may receive information from other providers who have been involved in providing your care. This privacy notice describes the type of personal information we hold, why we hold it and what we do with it.
Information that we collect
We may collect the following information about you:
• Personal details such as your name, date of birth, national insurance number, NHS number, address, telephone number and email address
• Information about your dental and general health, including
• Clinical records made by dentists and other dental professionals involved with your care and treatment
• X-rays, clinical photographs, digital scans of your mouth and teeth, and study models
• Medical and dental histories
• Treatment plans and consent
• Notes of conversations with you about your care
• Dates of your appointments
• Details of any complaints you have made and how these complaints were dealt with
• Correspondence with other health professionals or institutions
• Details of the fees we have charged, the amounts you have paid and some payment details
In order to provide you with the best possible care, the greater part of the information which we hold about you is kept in our computer system which holds all of our patient records with other business information. In addition, we hold some of your information in manual records at the practice. We are responsible for keeping secure the information about you that we hold.
At the practice, dentists and other dental professionals involved with your care and treatment and the reception staff responsible for the management and administration of the practice have access to your information.
How we use your information
To provide you with the dental care and treatment that you need, we require up-to-date and accurate information about you.
• We will share your information with the NHS and/or (if applicable) your private dental plan provider in connection with your dental treatment.
• We will seek your preference for how we contact you about your dental care. Our usual methods are telephone, email or letter.
• We may use your contact details to inform you of products and services available at our Practice.
We would like to send you information about products and services of ours and other companies we work with which may be of interest to you.
You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes.
If you have consented to receive marketing, you may opt out at a later date.
Your information is normally used only by those working at the practice but there may be instances where we need to share it – for example, with:
• Your doctor
• The hospital or community dental services or other health professionals caring for you
• NHS payment authorities
• The Department for Work and Pensions and its agencies, where you are claiming exemption or remission from NHS charges
• Private dental schemes (if applicable) of which you are a member.
We will only disclose your information on a need-to-know basis and will limit any information that we share to the minimum necessary.
In certain circumstances or if required by law, we may need to disclose your information to a third party not connected with your health care, including HMRC or other law enforcement or government agencies.